The fifth European Education Summit will be the meeting point for youth representatives and members of the education and training community from across Europe to discuss ideas and best practices. The exchanges will encourage new perspectives, innovative solutions and creative approaches to help make the European Education Area a reality.
This year’s summit will address questions such as:
- How can education and training be made more inclusive to allow everyone to reach their full potential?
- How can universities adapt to changing conditions and contribute to Europe's resilience and recovery?
- How can education be of benefit to everyone?
- What role can education play in making the European Green Deal a reality?
- How can we ensure young people are equipped with the green and digital skills needed in the 21st century to thrive and innovate in a sustainable way?
- How to implement the European strategy for universities in synergy with the new European Innovation Agenda?
The summit will be hosted by Mariya Gabriel, EU Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth. It will promote the flagship initiatives of the European Commission in the field of education and training as well as its forward-thinking role regarding the green and digital transitions, the strategy for universities, the inclusiveness of schools and the achievement of the European Education Area by 2025.
How to take part?
You can already get familiar with the programme of the event. On 1 December, you can join the live stream directly on the Summit website (no registration is required). You can also follow the event updates on social media and contribute to the debate at #EduSummitEU on Twitter.